Sharon's Cabin on The Sound, Puffin Suite, 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath, Lower Level Oceanfront Apartment
Located on scenic Sitka Sound, directly across from Mt Edgecumb Volcano, Sharon's Cabin on The Sound offers incredible Alaskan experiences; Relax in our Waterfront Hot Tub while watching for eagles, whales, sea lions and more. Get to know Freddie, our resident otter, as he swims on his back each morning watching you have coffee.
Sharon's Cabin on The Sound is best known as a 4 bedroom, 4 bath waterfront rental, but is being remodeled for 2014 and will now be two separate unit; Sharon's Cabin on The Sound Upper, 3 Bedrooms, 3 baths with living, dining, kitchen and deck, and Sharon's Cabin Puffin Suite, Lower, a 1 Bedroom, 1 bath, with full kitchen, living, dining! Upper will sleep 6 comfortably, plus we have a roll-away bed for that one extra that decides to tag along, and the lower will sleep 2, with room for one tag-a-lone if they don't mind sleeping in a roll-away. Together, you could sleep up to 10. Rent separate at price shown, or rent both and get a 10% discount. If renting both, enter code :MULTI to receive the 10% discount.
For returning guests, here are the changes when complete. You're gonna love it! We promise! Many of you we talked when you were here in 2013 to be sure we were able to meet all your needs. Go to www.sitkacabin.com to follow our remodel!
- Upper level will be a 3 bedroom, 3 bath, living, dining, kitchen combo, with laundry and deck.
- Lower level will be a separate 1 bedroom, 1 bath, living, dining, kitchen combo, with laundry and deck.
- Connection to guests in the lower level will be via an external staircase at the end of the deck.
- New with remodel; incredible views as the whole front wall is being opened-up with glass from end to end.
- Lower level will be a second separate 1 bedroom, 1 bath, with full kitchen, living, dining and laundry.
- The oceanfront hot tub and fire pit will be shared by both units.
Enjoy your own privatel living, dining and fully-equipped kitchen. Dining out is not necessary. No restuarant in town has a better view and you're the cook, so what could be better? Each unit has its own propane grill. Cook up your own salmon or halibut, and, roast marshmallows and hot dogs over the fire pit at the waterside. Relax with a glass of wine in our waterfront hot tub and watch the boats go by.
It's not unusual to watch otters as they float around on their back, looking up at you on the deck. Whales, seal lions, otter and harbor dolphins can frequently be seen from the dock. Eagles dive for their breakfast right in front while you're eating yours.
Kayaks can be put in at the public beach, less than 100 yards away. The city bus stop offers inexpensive transport into town. Only three miles from downtown makes it an easy hike on sunny days.